Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Sweet Hereafter


Rock Gods, the time is now!
Bacchus, Dionysus, Pan
Osiris; Hail, Hail the sun!
Hail, hail the killing bullet!
Hail, hail the killing moon.

I will go where i'm called
The dark forest at night.

Douglas firs, looming
Giant spiders, looming
grooming, weaving, spinning
Spitting a marble tomb
a marble sun
Frozen, cyclical
i am honey
i am dewdrop
i am dissolving, daily

A Fender amp, a country
backbeat, greatness marching
'cross 2000 miles of open plains
but love is not a victory march
it is a cold, it is a broken
Hallelujah.

I will give you my guts
my sweat
my love
my devotion
i will tell yr future
i will tell you a story

Sometimes i'm far, far away
from any home i've ever known
and i can't even remember what it
feels like to be warm,
well-fed
Fourteener revelations by
a spectral, glowing glacier

all is ancient
all is laid bare

The old Gods, new Gods
they're calling me
calling me to a new home
beneath sun & stars & sky

I am dissolving
I am lonely
I am afraid
I want so badly to be held
to be kissed
to be reassured

But this is wild MAGICK
focused
ferocious
red in tooth & claw
walking the path of the moon
a garden variety lunatic;
prone to melancholy
delusions of grandeur;
i'm so far past caring

i lost that by the side of the road
somewhere in Kansas

Guitar player, you light me up
like Mesopotamia
i am hanging in the gardens
adorned in Spanish moss &
bougainvillea
spilling prophecy, rubies &
tears of blood

Jesse Sykes, you sing my spirit
you ease my loneliness
you steel my resolve
to do what needs to be done
I will go to the edge of the world
again and again and again
i will wander the empty spaces
the forgotten places

I will climb mountains and
burn in the sun, until i
am clean

Negrado, Negrado
yr opinions matter not
crowds are not welcome here
I left you 10,000 feet below

all is silent now
silent & blue

No comments:

Post a Comment